Our Payment Policy
Good communication between your family and our staff is important regarding all aspects of the funeral arrangements. This includes discussion of financial arrangements. It is not our intention to appear inconsiderate by discussing finances at such a difficult time. On the contrary, we hope to alleviate any potential confusion about how charges relate to the personal choices you have made regarding funeral services.
1) Full Payment – Our firm requires full payment for services rendered, merchandise provided and cash advanced due by the day of the funeral. Methods of payment include Cash, Personal or Bank Check or Credit Card Payment. Our funeral home does accept VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS and DISCOVER. These payments can be applied to all funeral home charges. Since cash advancements must be pre-paid, they are not eligible for credit card payments, unless prior arrangements have been made.
Full financing options are also available through our partnership with Lending USA
2) Certain insurance policies may be assigned to us, however, cash advances, completed and verified assignment and claim forms are due on or before the day of the funeral service.
3) This is a cash transaction and if the bill is not paid within 30 days following the date of service, a delinquency charge of 1½% per month (18% APR) of the balance of the cash price unpaid at each monthly anniversary of the date of service will be added to the balance. In the event of payment default, this account will be referred for collection. Attorney fees in the amount of 331/3% of the remaining balance will be added to the outstanding debt.
4) It is not our policy for the Funeral Home to wait for payment from an estate. We ask that the responsible individual pay the funeral expenses and file a claim for reimbursement with the decedent’s estate.
5) It is not our policy to extend financing for the purchase of cemetery plots or mausoleum space, clergy, church, singer and organist.
6) When a direct cremation or burial has been arranged, payment in full is required at the time of the arrangement.
If you have any questions regarding payment or any aspect of the funeral arrangements, please feel free to ask us.